"Voices of Witness: Out of the Box" is a groundbreaking documentary giving voice to the witness of transgender people of faith. Courageously inviting the viewer into their journeys, the film is ultimately a celebration of hope and the power of God's love to transcend even seemingly insurmountable obstacles. Produced by Integrity’s Communication Director Louise Brooks, the film is being offered by Integrity USA as a gift to the Episcopal Church, as a resource for both teaching and transformation.
- Boycott the Knights of Columbus
- A wedding sermon.
- An open letter to my parish community.
- How It All began
- Why was a college student in the car of drunken Archbishop-elect Cordileone at 12:26 AM, when Cordileone was arrested for a DUI?
- When the Church married Same-Sex couples.
- The Supreme Court’s Decisions and the New Mason-Dixon Line
- What the Vatican & American bishops DO NOT want you (and Politicians) to know.
- San Francisco in archbishop Cordileone’s sight
- The Morality of Sex, gay & straight.
Saturday, June 9, 2012
Out of the Box, from Integrity of Episcopal USA
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Fr. Geoff, thanks so much for posting this video. I found it uplifting although at the same time painful. To see a rich episcopal tradition reach out with love and compassion, when the Catholic Church obsesses with narrow empty rules, devoid of humanity. I often feel so isolated from my faith. It's easier to reduce it to an intellectual exercise. This video reminds me there's more to the experience. But it's like picking at a wound.
I empathize with your sentiments. Consider for a moment that a grain of sand is an irritant to an oyster; however, without such irritants, there would be no pearls.
In the greater schema of things, these pains are what prompt growth and change.
Post a Comment