- Boycott the Knights of Columbus
- A wedding sermon.
- An open letter to my parish community.
- Why was a college student in the car of drunken Archbishop-elect Cordileone at 12:26 AM, when Cordileone was arrested for a DUI?
- When the Church married Same-Sex couples.
- The Supreme Court’s Decisions and the New Mason-Dixon Line
- How It All began
- What the Vatican & American bishops DO NOT want you (and Politicians) to know.
- The Morality of Sex, gay & straight.
- San Francisco in archbishop Cordileone’s sight
Friday, June 24, 2011
THE TIPPING POINT!!!
HOW SWEET IT IS!!!!
New York state senators Friday night voted 33-29 to legalize gay marriage, a breakthrough victory for the gay-rights movement in the state where it got its start.
The adoption of gay marriage makes New York the sixth and largest state in which gays and lesbians can legally marry. It also marks the first time in the nation that a Republican-led chamber has voted to adopt gay marriage.
Clearly, this is HUGE! Within a year, the Ninth Circuit Court will most probably uphold Judge Walker’s decision to overturn Prop 8 in California. The certification of the repeal of the odious DADT (Don’t Ask Don’t Tell) is expected this fall. Obama’s decision not to defend DOMA (the so called “Defense Of Marriage Act”) will probably cinch the Court’s decision declaring that unjust law unconstitutional. That in turn will usher in full federal rights for Same-sex couples and effectively make Marriage Equality the law of the land.
So, pop open a bottle of Champaign and raise a toast to Maggie Gallagher’s new job search and the defeat of NOM (and its puppet masters in the Mormon & Catholic leadership).