“The Church” is an expression often employed by people who ask me about Catholicism. A philosophy professor of mine once quipped, “You have to define your terms.” If by “the Church” you understand the pope, cardinals and bishops [in their public statements], then you would correctly deduce that “the Church” is opposed to full equality for LGBTQ persons.
However, if by “the Church” you mean the millions of Catholics who are your neighbors, co-workers and fellow voters, think again…
- Boycott the Knights of Columbus
- A wedding sermon.
- An open letter to my parish community.
- Why was a college student in the car of drunken Archbishop-elect Cordileone at 12:26 AM, when Cordileone was arrested for a DUI?
- When the Church married Same-Sex couples.
- The Supreme Court’s Decisions and the New Mason-Dixon Line
- How It All began
- What the Vatican & American bishops DO NOT want you (and Politicians) to know.
- The Morality of Sex, gay & straight.
- San Francisco in archbishop Cordileone’s sight