The Associated Press reported today that the “Pope [is] Investigating US Catholic Sisters For Not Holding Vatican Line On Homosexuality.”
Read It Here
"If you wish to wage war successfully or to lead a people successfully through a difficult period of its history you must have no doubts whatever on one point—namely, any individual who in such times tries, either actively or passively, to exclude himself from the activities of the community, must be destroyed."
7 June 1942
"You do not become a "dissident" just because you decide one day to take up this most unusual career. You are thrown into it by your personal sense of responsibility, combined with a complex set of external circumstances. You are cast out of the existing structures and placed in a position of conflict with them. It begins as an attempt to do your work well, and ends with being branded an enemy of society."
1936-, Czech Playwright, President
It seems to me that the truth does not need to be “imposed.” It is rather like a cowlick that pops up regardless of how hard one attempts to suppress it. We should not fear an open discussion of ideas; such an open and honest discussion will reveal both the merits of various arguments that are presented as well as the truth itself. Recourse to fear, intimidation, and reprisals are unworthy of those who act in the name of God. Such tactics serve neither God nor the truth. They breed not love and understanding but hatred and suspicion.
Countless people in America have received an education because of the selfless dedication and personal sacrifices of religious women. They taught us a dedication to the pursuit of the truth and to speak with the courage of our convictions. They are still doing so today by living what they teach.
- Boycott the Knights of Columbus
- A wedding sermon.
- An open letter to my parish community.
- Why was a college student in the car of drunken Archbishop-elect Cordileone at 12:26 AM, when Cordileone was arrested for a DUI?
- When the Church married Same-Sex couples.
- The Supreme Court’s Decisions and the New Mason-Dixon Line
- How It All began
- What the Vatican & American bishops DO NOT want you (and Politicians) to know.
- The Morality of Sex, gay & straight.
- San Francisco in archbishop Cordileone’s sight